Friday, January 18, 2008

So Long, Farewell, Auf Wiedersehen, Goodbye

(Can we tell I've been watching a lot of The Sound of Music lately?)

For those of you who have been living under a rock (or not keeping up to date with my blog - tisk tisk), last night I had a fabulous night out at Guomao, the World Trade Centre in Beijing. The staff at the Louis Vuitton store there offered Andri a farewell party for being one of their regular customers. So first we headed to Guomao for a Chinese Fushion dinner, then to LV for our party!

It was just a little gathering, with eleven of us, along with Nolan, Andri's SA, and Jason, their customer relations manager. We drank expensive champagne, ate delicious nibblies, watched a DVD created by Andri showcasing our year in China with accompanying music selected by all of us (my choice? 'Tear You Apart' by She Wants Revenge! The only non-pop song, and clearly the best choice.)

Andri was allowed to choose an entire outfit from LV to wear for the party. His selection:



The displays were specially chosen by Andri to show off LVs iconic bags:



The shindig in action:



Hokky and I with the Eiffel Tower of LV cases:


(^^ As a side note, the larger cases at the bottom cost roughly AU$10,000 each, so imagine the cost of the entire display!)

Andri was caught trying to run off with a few Keepalls by Nolan:



Group photo:



Cheers:



There are more photos (LOTS MORE!) on Andri's website (aptly named vuittonguy.com) - you can reach the gallery for the party here.

Bad news though. That night confirmed that I do indeed need a Speedy 30, but I think I now want the Red Epi instead of the Damier Azur! Ahh choices, choices! Now, if only the SAs in the Melbourne store were as great as Beijing's stores - I'd be laughing all the way to the bank (or all the way into greater debt).


**********

In other news, I officially know my results for second semester. Care to know? .... Oh bugger, I've just realised they're packed at the bottom of my suitcase. I think I can remember them though. Bearing in mind, these are not my results for my end of semester exams - these are the combined mark of both mid and end of semester exams... We usually don't find out our end of semester exam marks.

Comprehensive Chinese - 83
Listening Comprehension - 84
Reading Comprehension - 77 (I know my end of semester exam mark - 88)
Character Knowledge - 98 !!!!!!!!! Highest mark in the class!

Anyway, I leave Beijing in a touch over 24 hours. My room is a bomb site, I can't fit everything into my suitcase, and I am sick as a dog, with the beginnings of what I think may be an ear infection. So it's going to be interested.

I will blog tomorrow and say a lil something, maybe get a little teary... we'll see!

No comments: