Wednesday, July 4, 2007

World Park - 世界公园

Yesterday (Wednesday) was the last day of class - hurrah I hear you say! After lunch, Chris, Mega and I jumped on a train or three, and headed to somewhere on the other side of the city. We then met up with Horatio, and we caught a bus (it had air-conditioning!) to the World Park, another spectacularly tacky theme park. As you probably guess from the name and the pictures, the attraction of the park is its scale replicas of famous monuments and buildings from around the world. Included in the spectacular tackiness was:

The Eiffel Tower



Mega on the Champs-Élysées



Angkor Wat - Cambodia



A Thai palace (I forget the name)



Aaaaaand.... Sydney!





Then the batteries in my camera died. Nothing much else happened; a camel spat on Horatio, a werewolf bit my arm, Chris nearly fell asleep on a rollercoaster, Mega posed for lots more photos - same as usual. We then caught another damn bus to Horatio's house, where his mum cooked us dinner, Mega and I fell asleep, then Horatio's dad drove us back home. It was a very exhausting day... And I even managed to get a bit sunburnt *shhh*.

After spending 4 hours on Chinese public transport in one day, I can happily say I've had enough for a while.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Rollercoaster ? Is that the crumbling
cinema you're talking about ?

Well anyway, could it be that I'm the first human being, ever, to post a comment on your blog ? Ever ?!
I feel like I just gave a fifty to a bum now.
Well, use this comment wisely. You might not get another one until long.