Thursday, July 12, 2007

Celebrate good times.... Come on!

It is all very exciting, because I have finished exams! For those of you who don't know, our four exams were held over four days, each starting at 8am (the Chinese don't waste any time, you see.) They all went quite well, I have no doubt that I passed them all, and I think that the Reading Comprehension (阅读) exam was my best - hopefully another score in the 90s! So, to celebrate, Candy and I went SHOPPING! And my, did we shop. We first went to Zhongguancun (中关村), the electronics centre of Beijing, where I bought a 2GB disk for my camera in preparation for our trip to Tibet and did some research for Dad in regards to a camera lens.

We then headed to Dongwuyuan (动物园), which is a market area near the Zoo (Dongwuyuan translates to Zoo). Six hours later we walked out and caught the two buses back to uni, carrying a bin-liner bag full of clothes. But hey, I only spent AU$100, and some of the clothes are for eBay. After all of this, I was ready to go to bed, because my legs felt like I had run a marathon, but my classmates and I had decided to go for a celebratory dinner at the Kro's Nest, a pizza restaurant at Beijing University with the biggest pizzas imaginable (which we failed to take a photo of, but trust me, they are as big as a car tyre, and can easily feed 4-5 people.) Here are some happy snaps:







The pizza was fabulous, the bourbon and coke was mostly bourbon, and they had Led Zeppelin and Talking Heads in their music playlist. But we were all exhausted, so we all went home, except for Jiwu and Gaoshan, who went to Wudaokou to continue drinking.


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


Our trip to Tibet has now been bumped back one day because they couldn't get the visas done in time, so we are now leaving on Sunday the 15th, returning on the 24th. Now that exams are over, I will translate the remainder of the itinerary and post it here.

I also have more photos from Lela and Mega's birthday. Here some of them are:


















On more random news, I finally found and deleted the lovely trojan that had taken up residency in my computer somewhere, and now my computer is running at almost magical speeds.

And congratulations are due to one of our classmates, who will soon be hearing the pitter-patter of little feet! But I am the only one who knows at the moment, so I cannot name any names!

No comments: