Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Pork Fusion... Yum!

Just a few pictures from our lunch today, at the 'Pork Fusion' Korean restaurant in Wudaokou. This was the first time I have eaten Korean, and it was fabulous. Every table has its own little grill in the middle, and you cook your own meat! Yummo!


I should point out this isn't the entire class, lots of people don't come to every class (or even half, in some cases), and some people aren't exactly social. But this is the best of us!



Andri, Mega and Candra (all Indonesian)




Our food - yummo



Andri and Mega (the tip to eating Korean food is to stuff your mouth full, then chew)



Paul and I (Paul is Korean-American... or American-Korean, I forget which order)



Liu Laoshi (our teacher) and Henrique (Brazilian)



Andres (Mexican) and Liu Laoshi



From L-R, Paul, Sengxi (Korean), Jiwu (Japanese), Aysesin (Turkish), Lumei (Korean), Gaoshan (Japanese)



You should know everyone by now!





After lunch, we popped into a store a few doors down, where they had the most amazing range of imported items... I'm talking Weetbix (proper Aussie Weetbix, no fake UK/US stuff), Nutella, White Crow Tomato Sauce, Mainland Cheeses... I only bought two packets of Nerds (you know, those tiny tiny lollies in the box divided in two?) It took a lot of willpower to walk away from the Nutella, but I will definitely be going back soon.

No comments: